Tuesday, September 21, 2010

SIMPLE JOYS



This is a photo of a patch of lawn in front of our facade. Ten years ago I planted the crab grass and maintained it like a green carpet, until a few years back when I came to the reality that I could no longer gather the same strength and stamina to cut the grass to its carpet form. 

When I took this photo from under the foliage of our apple-mango tree, I have just finished cutting the grass. My son has swept the lawn with a broom made of ribs of coconut fronds. The hedgerow needs trimming, but I thought it would have to wait for another weekend when we could have time again to be able to do just that.

What a refreshing feeling to have cut the grass!

At the far end of the lawn, what seems to be a rounded object is a bonsai pot that has been purposely turned up-side down. There are other pots stacked beside it that have remained empty since the time Typhoon Frank hit us a few years back.

Sitting at the garden set eating biscuits are my wife and my second son, Paco, the youngest of our two children. I always love to see this sight, and now I could always relish it. Thanks to my mobile phone camera.

The simpler we live, the closer we become to God. I give thanks to Him, the Lord God Jesus Christ, who really knows how to provide for all our simple joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment